Wednesday 16 April 2014

Colour Scheme


I chose one of my drafts to complete a colour scheme.



I decided to use blue for the monochromatic colour scheme as it related to the world map and when testing on different colours I felt this worked the best. I think that this colour scheme works well due to the different tones used 



This is a complementary colour scheme and for this I decided to continue using the colour blue as I feel it works well. I used the colour orange to complement this colour which helps to highlight different parts of the draft such as the stamps. 



This shows a triadic colour scheme and for this I have used blue, green and orange. The colour used the most is blue as this has been the most successful colours when experimenting with the colour schemes. I feel that the orange may be too overpowering in the plane route compared to the other tones used. Even though it makes it stand out I feel that it is still too overpowering and for this to work successfully it needs to be toned down slightly. 



This shows an analogous colour scheme and for this I have used different blues and green. I feel that this was one of the most successful colour schemes along with monochromatic as I feel the colours work well together. There is contrast between the different colours such as the green against the blue. I feel that the green makes different elements of the book cover stand out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment